I have been a classroom teacher for many years and have developed
the following areas of expertise:
- Currently teaching computer science and computer applications courses in a small undergraduate
classroom environment using innovative teaching methods to help students develop new skills.
- Have taught computer science, applied technology, and computer technology to students of
all grade levels in substitute, post-secondary, and regular K-12 education settings. The applied technology class was a mechanical engineering course that realted the concepts of simplpe machines and
robotics to real world concepts of mathematics and science.
- Assisting adults in developing proficiency with a wide range of computer challenges and issues
in order to improve their computer literacy.
- Mentoring and tutoring
students to improve grades, enhance mathematics and reading skills, build academic proficiency, and increase confidence in learning.
- Developing Introduction to Computer courses with a series of hands-on projects that are
informative and interesting resulting in high class attendance and strong student engagement at the college level.
- Designing a set of teaching tools that met the needs of a college level programming course that
facilitated learning and resulted in a high degree of student programming language fluency.
- Utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio as a learning platform to provide both an interesting and
productive learning experience; resulted in high level of positive response and learning outcomes in a variety of high school elective courses, such as programming languages, advanced placement
computer science, web and graphic design, and general computer science.
- Rewriting curriculum to better emphasize applied technology skills which resulted in better
engaged students and meeting classroom objectives.