For many years prior to teaching, I held managerial positions in educational and corporate
environments providing leadership, guidance, direction, and hands-on maintenance of technology systems to improve their use and implementation in the daily operations of these environments. Here are
some of the companies where I worked and what I was able to accomplish for them:
Information Systems Specialist for CREATIVE BIOMOLECULES in Hopkinton, Massachusetts:
- Managed and maintained the support of the overall operations of information systems including
system software, end-user applications and computer purchasing and standards. Updated hardware, software and network infrastructure and standardized existing Novell networks in Massachusetts and
Lebanon, New Hampshire plants and designed, planned and supervised the establishment of a wide-area connection (T1) between the two plants.
Director, Information Systems for ADVANCED INSTRUMENTS in Norwood, Massachusetts:
- Designed, developed, planned and built the information systems infrastructure for the company.
Managed support of all applications, systems software and procurement of hardware and software. Developed standards for hardware, software and systems and policies and procedures for end-users and
Information Systems itself.
- Built and implemented 10BaseT Ethernet smart hub network for 75 users with Microsoft Windows NT
Server and BackOffice and installed Windows 95 at the workstations. Installed Microsoft Exchange as part of the Early Adopter Program.
- Established connectivity to legacy UNIX system running financial and manufacturing software
utilizing TCP/IP, eliminating dial-up telnet and leveraging network investment and implemented client/server sales and marketing application (Datacode) for the sales and marketing staff of 10 on
Microsoft SQL Server, ported from UNIX.
Manager of Information Technology for FEELEY & DRISCOLL, P.C. in Boston, Massachusetts:
- Managed the growth and support of all areas of the use of technology, including the Windows
NT/Netware network. Evaluated the use of emerging technologies and provide strategic planning for the firm as well as the day-to-day hands-on leadership of the technical staff.
- Implemented best practices for the Windows NT network, including five NT servers, and developed
a more stable Microsoft Exchange and Windows NT environment. Installed and implemented Outlook Web Access for 100 users to improve existing remote access (RAS) to electronic mail.